Biz Eco™ products are made with environmental mindfulness and form part of our goal towards more responsible manufacturing throughout the supply chain.
When sourcing materials we focus on utilising recycled and/or sustainable materials that have a lower impact on the environment, promote better manufacturing and recycling practices and ensure they are produced under safe, fair, legal and humane working conditions.
We are constantly working with our manufacturers to seek and develop new and progressive fabrics that help lessen our footprint. To ensure our commitment to design products that meet customer expectations for responsible garments, Biz Eco™ garments must meet at least one of the below standards:
- Uses more recycled materials, particularly those sourced from post-consumer or post-industrial streams, and recycled through energy-efficient and/or closed-loop processes.
- Uses more sustainable or organic natural fibres with a preference towards responsible harvesting.
- Uses more salvaged, reclaimed, repurposed, or upcycled textiles or materials.
- Design led zero-waste apparel to maximise fabric usage and minimise textile waste/off cuts.
- Mindful textile treatments such as eco-friendly enzyme, plasma, natural or botanical dyes and finishes.
- Uses water-efficient and low-impact processing or dyeing methods to reduce water usage.
Whenever you see this symbol, you know this style is responsibly made.
Our latest arrivals – the Action & Alpine series have been made from at least 50% GRS Certified Recycled Polyester. Each product diverts the equivalent of 10 to 15 plastic bottles away from landfill. Used post-consumer plastics are collected, broken into flakes, melted into pellets, and then spun into new fibres. This process saves water, energy and reduces green-house gas emissions.
The GRS certification helps us ensure we adhere to global standards with independent certification and documented support for our recycled products. It ensures our Biz Eco™ recycled products can be selected with confidence by our customers.
- Alignment of definitions across multiple applications.
- Track and trace Recycled input materials. Global Recycled Standard ©2014 Textile Exchange, GlobalRecycled.org 6
- Provide customers (both brands and consumers) with a tool to make informed decisions.
- Reduce harmful impact of production to people and the environment.
- Provide assurance that materials in the final product are actually Recycled and processed more sustainably.
- Drive innovation in addressing quality issues in the use of Recycled materials.
More information can be found here: www.textileexchange.org/standards/recycled-claim-standard-global-recycled-standard/